Saturday, October 3, 2015

Natural History Museum

Tonight more than 700 museums and galleries across Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein will welcome visitors for the 16th "Long Night of  Museums" between 6 p.m. and 1 a.m and will offer a varied programme of lectures, art talks and special guided tours. One of the Viennese museums that takes part in this cultural event, is the Natural History Museum. The building was designed by Gottfried Semper and Karl Hasenauer, the museum was opened to the public in 1889.

4 comments:

  1. This is so interesting! I would have loved to attend one of these sessions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A magnificent building.... and the sort of activity I enjoy. I assume you're going, so have a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I was working (in "my" museum)...

      Delete